Old 03-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #44
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reliable Torch Lighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopkins82 View Post
I picked up one of the Brown Leather Ave Maria branded LOTUS Laser torches (same as the black leather CI branded one) on Cigar Bid to fill out an order. So far I'm not overly impressed.
I'll withdraw my previous statement about being unsatisfied with the branded Lotus Laser... at least in terms of reliability. I did my first few fills with Ronson fuel because I had some on hand and thought it wouldn't have much effect unless I kept using it long term. Today I was in a low-end tobacco shop (90% cigarettes, pipe, and smokeless) and they had an inexpensive 5x filtered fuel brand called FasFil for $4 for a 300ml can. I picked a can up along with a Villager Sumatra for after lunch.

I purged the Lotus, refilled with the new fuel, purged again (to flush out any remaining Ronson residue), refilled again, blasted some in the nozle (to dislodge any gunk/residue there), ate lunch (giving time to let the fuel/nozle warm), and now the Lotus lights 100% reliably with a fully formed flame, no sputter, and even seems to burn a little hotter. Now my only real complaints are the excess play in the single-action cover and the clear-coated mild steel instead of true brushed stainless.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote