View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #44
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: My First French Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfNut View Post
TEmp depends on brew time as well. A great temp ratio is 195-205 water and about a 5-6 minute brew time. Out of a drip machine, these specs can yield a pretty decent cup o joe.

We had a few machines (mr. coffee, krups a cuisanart) that we did a test with against the Capresso m500 we had just bought. Each of the cheaper guys had about a 155-165 temp whereas the Capresso was 200 in the basket and 190 going into the pot. Time for a full brew was 6 minutes. Great smooth coffee out of that drip machine.

I don't know all the science behind it, but do know temp & time are important factors. We are back to a $19 cheapo drip now after losing the capresso in the fire and have not had a good cup of coffee since. Plus it takes 15 minutes to brew a bitter pot of coffee now.

coffeegeeks dot com can teach you tons about the dark coffee bean goodness
I've Had A Capresso For 5 Years, Now, With No Problems! Love It!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote