View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why don't NC cigar makers put dates on boxes?

I didn't read all the posts, but most NC's in the range you're talking about use aged tobacco. It'd take a stamp that reads "rolled in 2010 from filler harvested in 02, binder from 03, and wrapper from 08" or something like that.

I keep lots of NC's, and as far as "benefit from aging" goes, I think a good 8 months to get the wet out of them is great. That makes them smoke really nice.
After that, flavors just start to diminish.
If I keep them in plastic or keep them in humi jars, they seem to stay at that "point I like" a lot longer, without getting overly mild.
Mind you, that's me. Someone else could do what I do and not like the results at all. Especially if they want their cigars to "mellow". I don't. I like them to stay nice and strong.