Old 02-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #26
raisin
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
raisin has disabled reputation
Default Re: Behmor on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
What do you set your small batches on as far as weight?
good question?

After two years of timex testing on my original 1600 i was used to working with profiles encumbered by "last leg" heating lamps, tired fans, and several "official" and un-official mods.
Now i am working with a newer Behmor, one that seems to be roasting hotter right out of the box than my original, one than works 1500 watts hard at lower voltages than ever before.

What that all means is that i am having to (frustratingly) learn the whole profile thing all over again! This means you will be getting no exact roast formula's that you can plug into your roaster without thought.
That is for the better anyway, as the best roasts come from an involved roastmaster - one who watch's, listens, and smells the stages of the roast and makes an "artistic" contribution to the process. (don't you hate that king of advice?)

Really, the best thing you can do is start with a cheap bean and work with P1 as described to time 1c, and work that into the P2 profile. Good profile. good coffee. Once that works reliably for you, you can mess around with the other profiles for difficult beans.
raisin is offline   Reply With Quote