Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: AC/DC

I saw AC/DC last night...good, not great.

The good:

Angus still rips it up...hard rock guitar with a bluesy feel.

The rhythm section still rocks as well, Malcolm plays a wicked rhythm guitar.

Some of the new tunes were good live, especially "Rock'nRoll Train" and "War Machine".

The not so good:

Brian Johnson can't hit the high notes like he used to, and with the exception of Angus' antics, the stage show is pretty stiff.

The disappointing:

The set list....no suprises, and just not what I was hoping for. No songs off my favorite album (Powerage), only the title track from "Highway to Hell", nothing off of "Flick of the Switch" or "Stiff Upper Lip". Also only the title track from "For Thos About to Rock" as an encore.

Songs I remember from the set list:

6 songs from the new album (too many, in my opinion, from an album just released a week ago)...Rock'n'Roll Train, War Machine, Black Ice and 3 others.
Back in Black
Hell's Bells
Shoot to Thrill
You Shook Me All Night Long
Thunderstruck
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There be Rock
The Jack
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
TNT
Bad Boy Boogie

I see they have "Stiff Upper Lip" and "Hard As A Rock" on the potential set-list...would have liked to have seen those, and maybe cut 3 or 4 sonbgs from Black Ice for classics like "Shot Down in Flames", "Girls Got Rhythm", "If You Want Blood", "Gimmie a Bullet", "Gone Shootin'", "Long Way to the Top", "Riff Raff", "rock and Roll Damnation", etc etc etc.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote