View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Smokers, hot/cold, infused tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCard View Post
As much as I love cigars, and to smoke meat, I would never even try to do this.

The flavor of the cigar is changed when burning. You certainly cannot say that licking the cigar and smoking the cigar, provides identical tastes..?

The best is to find a cigar that compliments the smoked food that you are having. The flavors are dependant on the meat you use, along with the wood that you choose to smoke with. It also has to balance against the sauces and/or the rubs that are used.

I'd just hate to ruin good 'smoked meat' on bad flavors........
The same could be said for using wood chips, or many other items used to flavor food.... successfully. I fully understand the epicurean principles with pairing and contrasting food. Since pairing a cigar with food is quite possible, the opportunity of finding a new technique to flavor a dish shouldn't be ignored simply because trial of one or many methods haven't obtained the desired result.