View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
macpappy
Rider on the storm.

Trading: (0)
Cohiba CoastGuard (Retired)
macpappy will become famous soon enough
Default LSU makes me sad

First. Congratulations to Georgia. You took it to LSU and out played them.

Second. I know it's very hard to a team to repeat as national champions but I can't help be be frustrated and depressed by LSU this year. At times they have played liked defending champions. At other times like the Florida game and Georgia, they have looked more like Tulane.

I'm not going to blame the offense this week, even though our starting QB in training made to many completions to the other side - one for a TD. The offense still moved the ball fairly well and put 31 pts (at this time) on the board. That should be enough to win if the defense is playing well. And I think Lee will develop into a good QB.

I'm going to blame a defense that completely disappears for some games and continually allows big plays. It was defense that allowed Florida to score over 50 pts. It was defense that allowed Georgia to score 45 pts. (Lee give Georgia 7 pts.). I think the big problem with the defense is that most of the starters knew the Bo Pellini system and they don't know the new defensive system as well as they should.

Bottom line I see LSU with a 3 loss regular season and a less significant bowl game.

Hopefully we'll have a good recruiting class.