View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #1557
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

I understand. I'm more of a Wings fan than a NHL fan. Partially because I don't have time to follow the entire league. I agree that money and chances at a title are the biggest FA motivators. I disagree that the Wings window has closed. Many thought so when Yzerman retired; others when the cap era began. I think the Wings can go either way. With the right additions they'll be right in the mix, top 4 in the West. Without them, they'll struggle. However, history and potential for a title are intertwined often. Sure when you lose a long time superstar you often go into a lull. However, that can be avoided. I have faith in Holland that he can add the right pieces at the right price.

Off the top of my head the Wings have added Rafalski, Marian Hossa, and Ian White via FA since the cap era began. I'm sure they'll be able to fill some needs. Hopefully with some top level talent given what they're losing with Lidstrom's retirement.