View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #1544
Wanger

Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
while I agree parise will sign with a contender, I don't think Detroit is a contender. Don't hate Wings fans I think the Sharks window may have closed also. Detroit lost Rafalski last year and Lindstrom and Stuart this year. Half the defensive core in two years is going to create a mess we Shark fans will love. They need to rebuild the blue line before anything else. Wouldn't mind seeing Stuart come home to his family and finish his career in teal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
As far as Parise "coming home", I am guessing that after getting this close to the Cup, he will sign with a team that is an immediate contender, rather than future potential. I see him signing in Detroit or a similar situation, Mike. Be shocked if he signed with the Wild.

I've heard that Detroit is planning on putting a heavy pursuit on both Suter and Parise, as well. I'd heard well before the end of the season that Parise and Suter were the main targets for the Wild this offseason. I believe that they'll be well enough below the cap to have the $ to throw at them. As for Det...I don't know. I've heard that Parise loves the NY/NJ area, so I don't really see him going anywhere but there or coming back here. But the only one who knows what's going through his head is him. His family still lives here (dad was a MN North Star, for those who didn't know that), and he's building a place here, too. Some people looked at that as a sign. I look at it like he wants an offseason home at "home".

There has been minimal talk about the Cup Finals here, and when it's mentioned, mostly what's been talked about it Parise. Unfortunately, I don't get the channel that most of the games have been on. Would have liked to see a few of those games. Will be interesting to see if Quick is back to being the utter stone wall he's been for most of the playoffs.

On another note, the wife and I talked about getting season tix for the Wild a couple days ago. If we don't go in on our own, we might split some that our friends have.