View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

I'm with Stephen on all points. The writing was on the wall for this one. I think the Colts have a long struggle ahead without Peyton in the organization, but that's another thread.
I understand Miami is in the mix according to the Miami Herald and the billboards they've posted around town. There's two websites devoted to trying to bring Peyton to Miami.
I just do not see him there, regardless of the fit. Flynn makes a lot more sense for a lot less money.
I think Arizona makes the most sense, and if I was betting, that's where my money would be. It gets Peyton out of the cold and into a place that's done this sort of thing before with Kurt Warner. They know how to make it all work.
I have no idea where any of these teams are financially, or if any of them can come at Peyton with anywhere near 28 million, but we'll see. I'd like to take a look at the cap room for each team and see what other constructive ways they can defer money to make the best possible guess, but from a guy who's got a backful of metal, I can positively say that that high pressure desert is gonna feel good on Peyton's multiple surgeries. That environment is going to be a huge sell for an old, cobbed up man.