View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cigar Caddy 40 count vs Xikar 30-50 count

Jamie, you have the outside dimensions on the cc40 and the inside dimensions on the Xikar. I have both sitting beside me and the xikar is markedly bigger. By markedly, I mean WAY bigger, bordering on cumbersome. It'll hold a mess of sticks, baggies, lighters, you name it. I have 46 sticks and 3 foam trays in there right now, and I could easily fit double the sticks. Triple if I got rid of the two foam trays. I use them on top, back to back, to sandwhich my good lighter and cutter. I need to find a little bag for them.
I generally take the foam out and use single finger bags.
Of the two, the Xikar is both larger and nicer.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with the Pelican Storm 2050. I've bought 5 now, one for me, 4 for the troops. They are the same size as the cc40 and they are the highest quality construction of all the plastic humis I've looked at. Just the right size, too. For the same price as the cc40, there's no comparison in quality.
The only problem, there are no trays in the Storm, although it is completely lined with foam. That's perfect for me, I use finger bags and chuck the trays. (I don't like the trays for some reason.)
We just did a thread on the Storms, let me see if I can find it for you. They're about $45 shipped from amazon, but I just bought the last three black ones from their cheapest supplier.

Last edited by shilala; 04-24-2012 at 05:49 AM.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote