Thread: reminiscing
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #15
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: reminiscing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
You're a good man, Greg. You are one of the folks who makes CA feel like family. I know I am not around like I used to be... but I still appreciate the folks on this board and all of the camaraderie. Blessings on you all.
Joe, thanks my friend. I am not as active as I used to be either but I do check in almost daily. I believe you are one of the good men too brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I know that I am one who has been around since the inception here. In fact, I told Tim (14holestogie) about this place. I was never into the banter stuff much. I do think of a few people here as friends who I would definitely look up if I got into their area.

I am one who has been around, then been gone, then back, then gone, then... you get the idea.

Both my boys are members, but neither posts much.

I do miss the days when this board was more active.

It is good to see the old familiar faces here in this thread.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Well said my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
This is a tough one to respond to. It's hard to watch things change and see people come and go, but it's a reality. I remember spending hours every single day on the old chat room, with the main screen up and 5 other mini windows with private conversations, people I spoke to every day. The conversations usually started as "what have you been smoking recently" and went in any possible direction from there. I miss those days, but am very thankful. It's been close to 10 years since I went to Google and searched "best cigar forum" and joined up on CS, I thought I had found a hidden world full of people who were of a different breed than the normal. Never would I have thought that a decade later I'd still feel the same way. Thank you everybody who was there then, and who has come and/or gone since then. I have come and gone during different time periods in there as well, but it always feels good when I come home
I agree with the hard to see things change Ben, but as you already stated change is gonna come whether we accept it or kick and scream all the way through it. I like what you say and agree about the hidden world full of people who were/are of a different breed than the normal. This is one of the only places I have ever been a part of that I could meet face to face with after only "knowing" them on the forum, and would feel totally at ease with when actually meeting them. There are people that I have met and spent some time with that I will always count as friends whether it's been a week or ten years since I saw them or talked to them last. This really is a special place with a special bunch of people for sure.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote