View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #308
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post
if it's one of those really gooey, "cherries jubilee" type aromatics you get from a large jar at the local shop, then you could leave it out to dry for 15-20 days and it'll still be too moist.
no lie, i had about 8oz of stuff called "peach cobbler" that i had bought my dad way back in '00 or '01. i had some as well, kept it in a very poor sealing ceramic jar that never kept anything moist before... 6 years later, that stuff was still too moist to smoke.

it's got a good amount of "PG" added to it, like the stuff they tell you to add to the foam humidfying things in a cigar humidor. the stuff never goes dry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I think your second post answered your question.

Get rid of the filters - period. Don't use them. They produce steam because they get moist and simply do not dry out.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
I think you got it Rev.

I didn't even realize the things had a filter in em till I couldn't pass a cleaner through it and took apart the stem. Mind you this is after about 7 bowls (I was also beginning to taste filter gunk, which was getting nasty)

*waves goodbye to the filter*

Smoked another blend last night that I had smoked before and knew how it smoked, and it was a little steamy too, but not AS bad. So I'm thinking it was a two-part problem. Sounds like i might have been a crappy blend with too much humidant in it, I picked up those at the shop around the corner. No problems at all with the ones from Habana Premium, so I'll have to stick with them

I guess the real test will be to try smoking the same blend tonight, without the filter.......

Thanks guys!