View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #302
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
I've heard that meers don't ghost, so they've been catching my eye. Is this true? It'd be nice to have a pipe that I can just try all sorts of blends in and then when I find one I really like, dedicate a briar to it. Any special needs I need to know about smoking a meer?

Thanks
Meers will not ghost because they are non absorbing. Briar will, and so will cobs - much to the disbelief of many. However, if you smoke the same blend in a cob, give it a good 10-20 bowls, then you will notice it. If I smoke my cobs, a little of this, a little of that, it won't happen. Of couse, neither will a briar if you are smoking different blends every smoke. However, if you smoke all English blends, or all aromatics, go to a Virginia in it - either cob or briar - and you will tast the Latakia or flavorings.