Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dunkin doughnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
Very true. Being a snob whether it's over coffee, cigars, cars, clothing, or whatever consumer item can be done. I still think however that you can be a discerning consumer and know what you like without being a snob. Just because I'm not going to take you up on your Dutch Masters offer doesn't mean you'll see me at the local cigar bar smoking an Opus X, wearing a turtle neck, and tapping away on my lap top while pretending to know about things like philosphy and fine art.
No, but you will see me sitting on the deck roasting coffee and drinking a cup of fresh roast smoking a trinadad ingenios. If charbucks is for coffee snobs then I am not sure what I am.

If I pay on average $6 a pound for good green coffee rated at 82-88 and after roasting have 12.5 ounces roasted coffee that is just under $.50 for a cup for myself and $.25 for the Mrs. That does not include the time to roast, the cost to roast, the time to brew and pour, the paper cup or to wash the ceramic dish. This leads me to believe that the quality of the bean being used at chains is pretty bad. Being a coffee snob is not accepting low quality beans to be a good cup of joe.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote