View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #236
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

I wish I had my video camera today, it was a classic moment:

I was working the clock and doing music at my son's game, the whistle blew, stopping the play and he came over to the bench, talking to the coach. I couldn't hear what he was saying but the whistle blew and the puck was about to be dropped and the coach yelled at him to get back out there.

I was trying to pay attention to the puck-drop to stop the music and start the clock so I missed exactly what happened. My buddy in the booth with me keeping score said "Your kid just lost a tooth!" I found out later that he had it in his hand when he came over to the bench and when the coach yelled at him to get back out there, he just threw the tooth on the floor of the bench area and went back to hockey.

Luckily it wasn't a permanent tooth. We didn't find out that he threw it on the floor til after the game, we just assumed it was out on the ice somewhere. I was telling the Refs to keep an eye out for a tooth and they just laughed and said "good luck with that!"

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote