Old 11-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #25
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oust Fan Alternatives?

There are not too many options for battery operated fans for a space that big, I think ultimately you would want electricity in the closet. For fans, the best place to go to is surplus stores. I have picked up AC and DC exhaust fans and computer fans at a place close to me for 1-10 bucks, you can also pick up AC/DC adapters at them too for like $2 a peice (radioshack will charege 5-10x that). I like the 02cool fan idea for a temp. cure for your problem. Petco also carries battery operated fans for kennels which might work enough too but you would need to change batteries every 3-4 days. You dont need a huricane in there btw. Assuming the closet is 9 foot high, 5 foot wide and 3 foot deep, you have ~140 cft and I suspect two 20cfm fans would be more then enough (one facing left, one right or one up, one down on different sides and top bottom to get circular motion). Most pc fans are 50-100 CFM so any of them would work. Get the biggest slowest fans (matched CFM with less noise) when you eventually upgrade. PC fans are better then normal desktop fans as they are designed for continous use, desktop fans are not.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote