First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iPad 3 (The new iPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Never had a heat issue with mine...

Apple says that the heat issue is application dependent (e.g., hi res games have the most problems) but that even then the heat was not really an issue -- more like warm to the touch...
Same here. My 3rd gen gets slightly warmer to the touch than my 2nd gen was, but really we're talking perhaps a couple degrees at the most. I don't game beyond the odd 5 or 10 min of Angry Birds every couple of days. My use of the iPad is primarily for reading books, surfing the internet/email and remote systems administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman31 View Post
Went to an Apple store to see it but it got really hot while holding it.
You have to remember that the display models in the Apple Store (or any retail store for that matter) spend the entire day under hot lights and in almost constant use as people play around with it. The display models don't come close to approximating "normal" use any more than floor model TV's setup in demo torch mode come close to approximating what the set's colours will look like in your living room. Best bet is to try and find a friend and ask if you can demo their's for a half hour of normal use (reading, surfing, etc). That'll give you a much better impression than the floor models on the heat issue.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote