Not Crazy enuff to B Here

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Navy (Served With Honor)
GrumpyOleTroll has disabled reputation
Default Re: need some opinions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
IMO, even if you look elsewhere, with most government employment, they can't just terminate you if they don't like you or think you'll jump ship first chance you get.

If you don't like your job, are not being treated fairly(you could expand on that) and don't get the training you feel is warranted/needed....I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not exploring EVERY OPPORTUNITY to move to somewhere you feel like you will get what you deserve as a valued employee.
Not being treated fairly--well there are 4 employees where i work. A mechanic, a Drinking water operator, a Sewer Water operator and the Plant Manager..when the Drinking water Operator is off or on vacation we are expected (mechanic and I) to cover his position..when I am off or on vacation my plant suffers and just the bare min is taken care of leaving me to work double when I get back.

As for the training..I and the mechanic are taking our certification tests this week...the mechanic is going to a 2 day class for the test and I dont get the chance. the mechanic is taking a class for Building Operation Certification which isnt going to help our plant..and the Manager and the mechanic both admit it..and I havent been to a class for training in 18 months...and I am an operator...

Shawn