View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: Rant: Cigar Bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
If you find this happening a lot when you go out get in the habit of bringing a few cheap smokes or just get comfortable with the idea of saying "No." I know how painful it is to share one of your higher end sticks with someone only to find it only have a quarter inch smoked and sitting in an ashtray. People I meet who I catch the vibe they are a regular cigar smoker are always welcome to whatever I have. This is another reason why I like to keep some cheaper smokes on hand besides for mowing the grass. When we have BBQs in the summer I always light up a cigar and offer my guests one if they would like one. I usually ask what they normally smoke and if I discover that they are not much of a cigar smoker I usually offer them something a little on the lower end or that I scored on the cheap just so it's not so painful to find the stick tossed way too early as more often than not that is the case as they tend to want to smoke because everyone else is enjoying one. I also try and keep Dirt Torpedos on hand to satisfy the crowd that always asks if I have anything flavored as these are not flavored so it's safe to keep in the humidor with the rest of my collection but they are very sweet and usually please that crowd very well. When we used to have people over more often I used to keep a separate humidor that was coined the "Moochadore." It was always loaded with good but cheaper smokes.
There ya go!
I'll try some of these options.