Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #677
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
After I took the brisket out of the bath I let it rest for a bit, lightly seasoned it with Cook Shack dry rub and then seared it on a very hot grill for about 90 seconds on each side.

This turned out to be the best brisket that I have made -- much better than my previous one, which turned out very tough (too much salt in my rub leeched out all the moisture).

It's not near as good as the brisket markem makes on his BGE, but I was very happy with it:

Got a beautiful 4.5LB chunk of brisket from the butcher last weekend, putting it into the bath tonight for a 133* 48hr cook so it's ready for dinner Thursday. To try to get a smokey flavor without liquid smoke, yesterday I filled up a container with peeled pearl onions and sliced garlic, and every now and them when I was passing by (probably 10 times total) I filled the container with applewood smoke from my smoking gun. Right now the container smells like smokey garlic, but gonna put those in the SV bag with the brisket, and a heavy coating of salt and pepper on the steak.