View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #40
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Johnny-O Corona Gorda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Seth, we shared one of the two you gave me in a PPP right after you left.
I think I can speak for Dave, Steve, Alex, my son in law, and I believe Erick was still there, that it did not taste Cuban, was tight as heck and frankly, half went to waste. Will give the other one a light over the weekend.
Well, they're no Bespokes, that's for sure. I have noticed some of them have tight draws, cut a bit more off next time and it might help (they have a large cap for whatever reason so you can cut them lower). I have a tough time defining "Cuban taste" regarding custom rolls, most certainly don't taste much like any of the marcas to me, but I can 'nose smoke' these whereas most fresh NC's I cannot, and they have a complexity to the flavor that I like (but are definitely rough/rustic). But I certainly can't say for 100% that they're Cuban, I enjoy them occasionally for what they are; a cheap yardgar that I enjoy from time to time, mostly while washing my wife's car.

I'll bring you something I know you'll like to celebrate your new granddaughter on Sunday.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote