View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #37
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Johnny-O Corona Gorda

Who says these are rolled in Miami? That's what I want to know.

It is my understanding they are rolled in Cuba. Some of the more recent batches (certain sizes) are reportedly rolled by Santos, as advertised by Johnny-O himself. He said they were rolled my a 'world famous roller' and I inquired, and he said they were rolled by Santos.

Now that may or may not be true, no idea.

All I know is that I tried a bundle of the 'shorts' reportedly rolled by Santos. Delivered they were $3.60 a piece and are PC/Mareva size, and probably the best $3.60 (and only ) cigar I have had. Nice and strong, some complexity, and they change flavors from start to finish. I smoke them when washing my car or when doing something were I don't want/need to think about the cigar, or whatever.

I have had some of his cigars before, and some were very good and some were very ordinary and not enjoyable.

I am personally in the camp that does not care where they come from, some of them are good cigars at a good price, and worthy of the risk every so often.
Oh, and Carlos, I'll bring a couple for you to try for yourself next we meet (soon I hope).

Last edited by landhoney; 02-19-2011 at 03:47 PM.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote