View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #82
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

Cigar #9

Construction: 5.5 x42 box-pressed (very square), dark brown wrapper

Pre-light: I honestly forgot to do a pre-light draw.

1st Third: The first bit tasted both bitter and like plain old tobacco. The bitterness remained, but a dark coffee flavor was detectable.

2nd Third: Still bitterness. Dark coffee is behind the bitterness. A nutty flavor is detectable near the end of the second third. Some sort of bitter nut.

Final Third: Still bitter. The nutty flavor is still there, and the coffee returns. Bitterness, nuttiness, and black coffee.

Final Thoughts: The cigar had a bitter taste in the forefront the entire time. The coffee and nutty flavors were nice, but they were behind the bitter flavor. This appearance of this cigar was very attractive, but the bitterness left a bad taste in my mouth.
Would I buy this cigar again? I'd be willing to give it a second shot, as the bitterness may have been exclusive to this single stick.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote