Thread: French Press
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: French Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Here's a thread posted back in March 2009 by Novasurf for review that may help:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12476
Actually just finished making a pot of coffee via the FP using Norms (Novasurf) formula from the above thread. Going with 20oz of water x .057 gave me 1.14 oz of Trader Joes House Blend (Columbian and Sumatra blend) to grind. Added the grind to the the FP followed by the 20oz of hot water, stir, and cover for app 4min. Produces a mild to medium body of coffee which would probably be drinkable to the majority of coffee consumers out there with no problem. I generally go with 1.75 oz though. But that's just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I have an aeropress and a chemex. Which one I use typically depends on how much coffee I want or need to make. I find them to be very comparable in output quality, the chemex seems to produce coffee with more body while the aeropress coffee is brighter.

Never much cared for the murky and often bitter coffee that the french press produced so I eventually gave them all away.
If I need just one cup, I go to my Melita One Cupper with a brown #2 cone filter. I place 3 tablespoons of coffee beans into the Mr. Coffee grinder set at "fine" and "12 cups" for a very fine grind. Love the coffee that produces. Sometimes an extra tablespoon for the fun of it depending on the coffee bean