View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 04:54 AM   #27
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing some love for Pepin lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
Had a cuban classic that was in the humi for 10 years and it was AMAZING. Bought some new ones to age for a while. Maybe I'll try one in 6 months. Although I read somewhere that a year+ is where a lot of Pepin Garcia smokes hit the intended flavors stage.
If I could go back in time, I'd have the younger me buy several boxes of those Cuban Classics.
Yeah I definitely have no problems with the Blacks, each one I've had seems better than the last!! I should consider doing the future me a favor and stock up on more Blacks.

@ RevSmoke yeah I'll definitely revisit the Blues when I hit about the year mark...I don't have my JJ box on hand so I'm not sure if they are older, but they definitely started smoking well after hitting about 6 months....

Do the original DPG lines out out their cigars young intentionally? I've heard that is the case with Cubans, if for no other reason than to keep up with demand. I know DPG cigars aim to be in line with Cuban tobacco tradition but, sheesh!

If I remember correctly, the My Father lines are rolled in the same factory as DPG lines, no? Under that assumption, I figured the DPGs would be ready to smoke at around 4-6 months like most My Fathers. Of course, everything smokes better with more age, so I'll be looking forward to trying the Blues again in a few more months!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote