wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cigars & Life-Insurance... some real issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by covetry View Post
I am a young guy, 26 years old now, and I know many of you older guys have already dealt with insurance companies. Hell, one of you may sell life insurance yourself, so you could have a unique perspective on my question.

If I'm purchasing life insurance policy and I put down that I am a non-smoker (which, lets face it, we don't consider ourselves "smokers" in the usual sense of the word) and God forbid, I find out one day that I'm gonna die from cancer of the stomach or esophagus and lets say I do pass... will the insurance company be able to use my blog and say: "Oh he lied, he is a smoker, and it obviously contributed to his death. Sorry Mrs. Rocco we're denying your payout." ?

This is troubling for me, since I obviously have a cigar presence online, and even though I've never smoked cigarettes a day in my life and there is probably very little chance I will die of any cigar related illness, I worry they will do a quick search and use that against my wife in the event she ever needed to collect on the policy.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or, even better, experience with such a situation?

Thanks in advance.

Does your insurance provider require a blood or urine test?