Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: French Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Produces a mild to medium body of coffee which would probably be drinkable to the majority of coffee consumers out there with no problem. I generally go with 1.75 oz though. But that's just me
No, I think that's the Navy rubbing off on you. Holy hell that was that I shock the first time I got a cup of coffee aboard a ship, it was crunchy coffee and I don't think I slept for 2 days afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post

If I need just one cup, I go to my Melita One Cupper with a brown #2 cone filter. I place 3 tablespoons of coffee beans into the Mr. Coffee grinder set at "fine" and "12 cups" for a very fine grind. Love the coffee that produces. Sometimes an extra tablespoon for the fun of it depending on the coffee bean
I have four of those, two #2's, two #4's, I use them for straining soups and used fry oil before storage.

Nothing wrong with pour over, I used it for years and that's all the chemex is, it just has really, really high grade filters and they are true cones so you don't get water channels like you can in the melita semi-cones or mr coffee style flat bottomed filters. Honestly, I didn't think there would be that big a difference between the melita and the chemex - then I tried one and it was huge.

I actually prefer the aeropress and making one cup at a time, but when I'm filling 1L carafes and especially the 2.5L airpot, the chemex is so much simpler than making a bunch of americanos with the aeropress.

Last edited by T.G; 01-07-2014 at 04:00 PM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote