First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Finally Getting A Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Ice Cube Max Cold 70 Roller

Recent purchases and a gratuitous bombing attack that decimated my Rubber-dor collection has forced my hand. Found this on Amazon.

If anyone has found a better deal or knows a good reason I shouldn't get this please let me know.
IIRC, that cooler isn't straight walled, when the back wall gets about 8"-10" from the bottom, it slopes inward at about a 30 to 45-degree angle to clear the wheels and create a drain well. This could make stacking boxes difficult.

Also, these are really deep and not very wide or long, you'll end up having to pull a lot of boxes out to get to the lower levels. They also don't stack, so if you ever get a second one, it'll have to be next to the first rather than above.

IMO, no need to pay extra for the "max cold" or "extreme" insulation, just get a regular cooler.

Peter and Bob give solid advice, I have a number of 48 quart coolers and some 27 gallon (102 quart) tool tubs for the troop cigars, and the 48 quart are easily accessible and easy to find stuff with the wider footprint. The 27 gal tubs only work because most stuff is in one gallon bags and I have a high turnover rate . I can pull a random gallon bag with 50 cigars in it easily, but finding anything specific is arduous at best.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote