View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #68
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: Montegue Cabinet Humidor = AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Do you have the fans plugged into the right spot on the hydra... there are 2 plugs and 1 runs constantly and the other only runs when the fans on the hydra are running.
Yeah, they are in the right spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
What is wrong with 68%?
I bought 65% beads to keep my cigars at 65%. I actually would like 63%, I find that cigars burn, smoke, and taste better at lower RH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeobx View Post
I've got the same cabinet. I sealed the doors and drawer and I think I have 2 lbs of heartfelt beads in it (did the calculator and rounded up ) and if I wet 50-60 % of the beads it seems to hold at 65 -67 . I use a hygrometer from wally world that I've salt tested, I mark the corrected points on the front with a dry marker. Do you know for sure the beads you already had are 65% ? Try locking some of the new batch in a tupperware type container with your hygrometer over night and see what the reading is, do you still have the beads separate from the first ones you had, if so try 2 containers and compare. It could happen that they sent you the wrong beads.
So I am testing my beads in a separate ziplock bag and after 24 hrs they are reading 71%. I dont have them separate but I know I bought 65%, the bag said 65% but they have behaved like 70%. I really don't want to think that I was sent the wrong beads but I have tried everything to disprove this. It really sucks cause I have yet to fully smoke several sticks I've been wanting to try since the wrappers need a lower RH, the Face that split on me made me realize this. I think I need to call heartfelt and see what can be done.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote