View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #54
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
There's never been a question about Roethlisberger's arm, which is what I'm talking about. Why would teams have to respect Wallace deep if defenses know that McCoy isn't a threat to get him the ball anyways? He's not a franchise quarterback, and in today's NFL teams simply can't win (consistently) without one. In short, if you don't have one, you best be looking for one.
I'm forced to suffer through a lot of Cleveland football being that I'm in Cleveland and two of the brother-in-laws are fans. Plus it used to be fun to watch them lose.
That said, I think Colt's shortcomings aren't so much physical, they're mental. He's scared to death, and rightfully so. It's tough for any qb to to get splattered relentlessly. It'll ruin a young qb.
The boy can sling the ball. He seldom has opportunity to show that ability because he's backing up all the time, and he's developed that "throw off the front foot while I'm backing up" thing that doesn't work.
He almost never has a receiver open because they don't have a guy fast enough to open the field up. They can't even open up a little 10-yard out move, or a short timing pass because both teams are always playing on a 20 yard field when the Browns have the ball. They simply have no way to stretch the field and cannot get a wr open.
Wallace changes that immediately.