View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
But Wallace's game stretches the field and buys McCoy some time to breath and become an NFL quarterback. That's a long stretch, and I don't think McCoy's arm chases down Wallace, but Ben ain't no Aaron Rodgers, and Wallace made him look like a real quarterback.
I can see where Brad is coming from, at the very least. And I really don't think McCoy will flesh out that bad. He's only had one year in the lights, and not even a full year. I'd certainly take him in front of Seneca Wallace.
He's a good kid, good athlete, and very coachable. If he's working his ass off this offseason, I think he moves up a few rungs and becomes a mid-level qb if he has something to throw to. Wallace would be that, not necessarily the target, but he'd get Little, Massaquoi and Cribbs open.
I think, if Massaquoi wanted to play over the middle and had the gumption or balls to do it, he'd excel. The last few years he's just been a turd in the punch bowl. I think Wallace would change that, or at least have some impact.
There's never been a question about Roethlisberger's arm, which is what I'm talking about. Why would teams have to respect Wallace deep if defenses know that McCoy isn't a threat to get him the ball anyways? He's not a franchise quarterback, and in today's NFL teams simply can't win (consistently) without one. In short, if you don't have one, you best be looking for one.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote