View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #1702
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coty View Post
I have a question that has puzzled me that I couldn't find an answer to... Smoking speed vs flavor vs size vs cigar .
I have noticed that I get a different flavor from cigars with different draws i.e. a light slow longer draw seems to always reveal a sweeter smoke and a more cedar draw on cigars like pepin black labels; however , a shorter draw in time (drawing the same amount of smoke) tends to be less sweet and more spicy than cedar. This technique also brings different flavors in other cigars as well.
Is there any specific way that one needs to smoke specific types of cigars to obtain optimal flavor? For example should you smoke a robusto faster (in ratio of drawing not time) than a corna or lancero and would style matter such as you should smoke maduros faster than claros?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coty View Post
And are any particular brands meant to be smoked faster (in draw ratio not time) than others?
Enjoy your cigar, it will let you know if you are smoking too fast, for it will get hot.

I do not know that it is the flavor that changes based upon the way you draw. However, it may be that you are playing closer attention to things when you draw slower.