Thread: RH Question
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #57
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: RH Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Lucky_13 View Post
No what I am trying to do is compare oil to silica beads. Now cheap gas station $0.99 oil does not stand up to $10 royal purple. Yet they both work! The difference between your beads and my KL is virtually the same except for some minor differences. http://talasonline.com/photos/instru...a_gel_info.pdf

Beads where not made for cigars. Neither was KL. Now the biggest difference between the 2 I can tell is beads are high density and regular density KL(why you should use twice as much KL than beads). They both absorb moisture and can maintain RH. It is the moisture absorbency property that led to the development of Silica into KL. Now if you did any research most cats do not react positively to silica KL in fact many cats have to be trained to use this over the clay litter out there. So you point of worried your cat will pee on your sticks is pointless.

Coolers in fact where not meant for cigar storage but many use it and it works well. Should everyone dump their coolers full of sticks and all buy a Waxing Moon Humidor since that is acceptable cigar storage? If you dont like KL that is fine, if you use a humidor over a cooler or vice versa that is fine but the way some of you talk about another method seems closed mined and a little off. If you think your sticks are so valuable that only the best will do then I am all for it and Ed make great humidors. KL works as good for RH as a cooler does for cigar storage. They both save $$ to buy more sticks.

Im to lazy to actually respond to what is making me feel _____...but

the beads we use were in fact made specifically for RH control. KL was not made for that. So comparing motor oil to motor oil and a cats toilet to humidification beads doesnt work...

Sure they may be able to accomplish the same thing but also might olive oil in my engine. Im definitely not going to risk possible problems though. Its just not worth it when in the big picture there is a solution that is ment for the exact job i need for cheap