OHMatt
Klugs gave me Gurkas

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
HdM
OHMatt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2-burner torch lighter?

You don't have a quad yet?

I like and use cheap Chinese lighters. I have 2 Dupont Xtends in a box with dozens of other lighters. The XTends don't get used because I don't want to lose them; a lot of good they do me! At the same time I would buy another Xtend over a $50+ Colibri/Bugatti/Lotus/Jetline/Vector/Xikar which are also made in China like the cheapies.

To me the lifetime warranty on lighters often made in the same factory are not worth paying 5X-10X the cost of a cheapie. I have a renowned lighter fetish and can tell you there is no reliability difference between the $5 and $50 lighters.

Off my soapbox and onto your question:

I would suggest looking for a double flame made by Jobon, Honest, or Nibo.
These 3 brands always have the fit, finish, and heft of the pricey lighters. Often you will notice name brand lighters are rebadged versions from these factories.

Where to buy? Hong Kong from a vendor like DX.com, FastTech.com, Kaidomain.com or similar. If you have ordered 'other' things from Hong Kong, the shipping times are dramatically slower than our friend in Hong Kong. If you order a lighter today you will get it 3 weeks from now at the earliest.

I think this one fits the bill, a near clone of the $50 Xikar Element. You can get it from DX.com with brushed finish for $5.60 or gunmetal finish for $7.30. Not providing direct links, but search "dual flame" on that retailer's site and you will find it.

Don't want to shop in/wait for Hong Kong? Look at Nibo's Royal 66 for $20 from Amazon or BuyLighers
OHMatt is offline   Reply With Quote