Thread: Illusione 88
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #19
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Illusione 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxpuff View Post
Size - 5 x 52
Shape - Robusto
Wrapper - Nicaragua
Filler - Nicaragua
Binder - Nicaragua

This 88 has about 1 year of age on it. Beautiful chocolate wrapper with solid construction.

First third - Great initial draw. Starts out strong and right out of the gate it has complex flavors of cocoa, leather, and toasted nuts. Burn is slightly uneven but fixes itself up rather quickly. The taste stays consistent and complex.

Second third - Now picking up some decent peppery spice which is complimented by a sweetness to the smoke. Cocoa, leather and tobacco all combine to produce a creamy and very smooth smoke.

Last third - Spice continues to increase as does the depth of flavor. There are just a ton of tastes which are coming through...very enjoyable. Finishes very strong with a rich coffee and mocha aftertaste.

I love Nicaraguan puros and Illusione are certainly at the top of my list. The 88 is a great smoke full of amazing flavors. Recommended!

My First Illusione was an 88! Probably my all-time fav. Illusione! Nice Review!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote