View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #152
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Who has a Keurig coffee pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
How does it work better than the My k-cup? It's essentially the same thing, right?
It gets better extraction than the my k-cup. It seems with the my k-cup the water just drills a hole down through the grounds and the majority of the extraction process just comes out as hot water. Not so with the solofill.
Quote:
IMO, the down side to the My k-cup is washing that screen out.
In my opinion, the downside to the my k-cup is a weak ass cup of coffee. Basically that is the downside to the keurig in general. In order to get a decent cup, you have to use 2 k-cups on the lowest water setting. Seems like a waste to me.

Quote:
Is the plastic filter easier to clean? I would think that it would be, but then it's a trade off as it would onto stains/flavors more.
It is not easier to clean, but I dont think that it is in any way hard to clean.

Quote:
The regular K-cups imo are awesome. I have had a few bad coffee's but that's not the fault of the K-Cup, it's more a fault of the blend/roast.
I have tried probably 100 different blends of k-cups and have only ever had a decent cup of coffee. Nothing I would ever brag about or come close to saying it was awesome. With the solofill, it is still not an awesome cup of coffee, but it is a lot closer than I thought this machine could come.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote