View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #1218
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What cigar did you smoke today IV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
I picked one of these up the other day, but haven't smoked it yet. How does it compare to the No. 9 or the T52?
I'd personally call it Liga 9 "lite". Here's my review:

The Undercrown by Drew Estate. This is the supposed follow up to the Liga Privada 9. Long story short:

Drew Estate’s made a huge splash with their traditional Liga Privada #9. A favorite amongst the factory’s rollers, Drew Estate had to tell the rollers to stop smoking the blend because of the high demand of the cigar. So the working man had to adapt…And adapt they did. Created by the rollers of the Drew Estate factory, the Liga Privada Undercrown uses tobaccos similar to the Liga Privada #9 but that are more readily available.

From all the research and talking with my local tobacconist it's basically the same blend with a different wrapper. The high quality rare wrapper of the 9 is what makes the 9 what it is. With the wrapper substituted, after sampling I'd prefer to call the undercrown Liga Privada 9 "lite" vs. a "follow up." It's practically a carbon copy to the 9, only with a slight spice at the begining and the flavors aren't as pronounced.

To top it off, it's priced a little less than the 9, with the toro coming it at about $8 and change, vs. the 9 of the same size which runs $13. It's good, and worthy of having a few around