Thread: Don Lino Africa
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Don Lino Africa

Got this one as part of a Bao bomb (thanks brother!) Didn't know much about the brand at all but was curious. It's cold out here tonight so I figured it was a robusto size and would do the trick with a bit of boubon to keep the blood warm.

It had a redolent reddish brown wrapper to it that smelled powerful put the prelight taste was smooth and nutty. I was excited to smoke this cigar.

Torched it up and began. The first inch of the cigar was peppery, not too much, like a nice hit of white pepper on the tongue, a hint of cedar and toast cam through as well. The burn was a rose petal one but corrected itself after about a inch or so.

The ash was white but a bit flaky. It did however last about an inch or so before dropping. The stick deveoped and some nice nuttiness and woodiness followed through the second third of the stick.

I actually called Bao around this point as we have never spoke before but I left him my # in a PM and he texted me. I thanked him for the smoke andwe spoke about getting together to herf when I am in MA as my wife attends school up there in Cambridge. Speaking with Bao made this experience even better and buddy, if you read this, I value your friendship even know we have never formally met and thank you for the thoughtful bomb.

The cigar finished with some good smoke, burnt toast and cedar. I thoroughly enjoyed this stick and would give it an 7.5 out of 10.

Thanks again Bao.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bomb2.jpg (70.4 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg DonLino1.jpg (95.7 KB, 387 views)
File Type: jpg DonLino2.jpg (71.9 KB, 374 views)