Thread: NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default NFL Thread

So maybe a bit different, post who you root for AND WHY!

Me I grew up in Nebraska, and an rabid Nebraska Football fan. There are not any Pro teams in the area, and I never really developed an interest in any. My father always watched the packers, although I am not sure he is a Packers fan...just a football fan.

And another thing...I HATE BANDWAGON FANS!

So that being that, I was living in Dallas, and surrounded by Cowboy fans. My wife asked me one day, 'Your such a huge Nebraska fan, and really follow college footbal...why don't your follow Pro?' I pondered the question and then said...'well I never picked a team' and she responded..not knowing what she was getting into lol 'You should pick a team, it would be fun!'

So I went to thinking about who MY team would be, and there was no way I was picking the Cowboys, I just could not STAND some of the players on that team. So I sat down and thought about the players I liked and the teams I watch...this was in 99 and the playoffs were just getting started...and ALL the teams I could think of that I could "Like" were in the playoffs... ewwwwww that might make me a Bandwagon fan. So I could not pick any of them. So I kept it in the back of my head, and along comes a job offer in Phoenix....we move to phoenix...and on the flight there it occured to me! NO ONE WOULD CALL ME A BANDWAGON FAN FOR BEING A CARDINALS FAN! LOL!

So I bought season tickets on the 50 yard line, and I am just as Rabid today about the Cardinals as I am about the Huskers! I know long story, and the Cardinals have really sucked the past couple years. But it is fun rooting for the home town team. They have some really cool players, and I have met alot of them around town. And now that they are becoming somewhat "Okay" it is really fun!

Okay enough...how bout you?
kgoings is offline   Reply With Quote