View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
First question, is Yes a global variable in your application?

What datatype is [Other]? Bit, string/text, integer?

Same question with [Hanlding] and [Production]? What datatype are they?

VB and all it's variant is not too clear between take this value and assign to this variable VS is this value equals to this value?

In your case,

Dlookup() = Yes

Access is trying to interpret the above statement and making a guess that you actually want to assign the result of DLookup to the variable Yes (this is a variable, correct? That's why it's telling you to make a switcherroo to Yes = Dlookup().

With regards application security, you should always have some sort of a security in your application, regardless of who will be using them.

If you need help, feel free to send me a message.
Other, handling, etc. are all checkbox format (they are a Yes/No value).

Crap. What I was stating for the "then" really should have remained as part of the if statement. If (this box is checked) and (the dlookup shows authorization for the user to check that box) then (nothing? is there a way to say continue as usual?) else (error statement & exit sub). It was completely a formatting issue on my end. I've only been using access for about 2 weeks which is why it probably didn't pop out to me.

The security in place is an in-db login and user rights list. Once the user logs in they are tied to their account which is assigned user, superuser, admin, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote