View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Low Carb Recipes

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

2nd batch making these. Still tweaking the recipe a bit, but this is what I made and it turned out awesome. Each cookie is only 3.5 net carbs per cookie and has a lot of protein, fiber and good fats.

8oz All-natural peanut butter, chunky or smooth your preference. Make sure it's only ingredient is PB, no added sugars.
2 small eggs
2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition, 33g each scoop)
10g ground flax seed (optional)
12g ground chia seed (optional)
12g Stevia in the Raw (equates to about 1/3 cup)
41g Ideal No Calorie Sweetner (the brown sugar type)
1/2C Almond Meal
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. You may need to use your hands at the end to pull it all together into one big ball. Divide into 1oz portions. You should get 18 in total. Place each portion on a baking sheet and press down to form a cookie sized piece. These cookies will not spread out in the oven. Bake in a 350F oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, let stand for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack or paper towels on the counter to cool completely. Enjoy!

By the ingredients I used, here's the info for each cookie.
118cal, 8.9g fat, 1.1g sat fat, 21g cholesterol, 8g salt, 5.6g carbs, 2.1g fiber, 1g sugar, 7.8g protein.

You can omit the flax and chia seeds which will bring down the overall carb counts. I had them on hand so used them.

You can also add finely chopped 100% cocoa pieces if you like. Just read the nutrition info to get an idea how much more carbs it'll add.

These cookies will be a bit crumbly, especially when warm. I'm working on that for the next batch, thinking slightly larger eggs for more binding.