View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #909
N2Advnture
www.Cigarmony.com

Trading: (43)
Partagas
N2Advnture has a spectacular aura aboutN2Advnture has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMPS View Post
Oh! One more question.

I have an Oliva Serie G that I am trying to smoke. It seems to be what I assume you would consider to be plugged. The draw is very tight. I am definitely struggling with it.

In the future, I think I will check the draw before lighting. However, even if the cigar was plugged, I am not really sure I would feel comfortable returning the cigar to my B&M. So, is there anything I can do to fix this on my own? If the "Plug" is somewhere in the middle of the cigar, I figure there is nothing I can do. However, I was thinking this particular cigar was plugged right at the cap.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
I'll jump in Drew but i'm sure someone else will too.

I use a draw poker and massage. If you've already lit the smoke, then a draw poker works well. Just shove the poker thru the center of the stick and pull it out.

By massage, i mean, I roll the cigar between my fingers to loosen up and shift the tobacco inside. That helps as well.

If the cigar is not lit, meaning you cut it and checked draw and found it to be plugged, just throw it back in the humi. Time and patience just might be favorable to that smoke the next time you reach in to smoke it!

Hope that helps Brother!
Good advice That's exactly what I do with great success.

My only other question would be, what RH level are you currently storing your cigars in?

I have found that storing between 60-65% RH greatly improves draw & burn problems that aren't directly attributed to a poor roll.

I hope this helps.

~Mark
N2Advnture is offline   Reply With Quote