mobarbq
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wes
Trading: (0)
mobarbq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different kinds of places to buy cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
I wasn't calling you a snob if that's what you're implying. Simply pointing out that Twain didn't smoke "crap" by any measure save for his early formative years and by early I mean when he was still an 11 year old smoking whatever discards he found lying on the street, that's how his love affair with cigars started. By the time he was buying cigars out of his earned income (and that's the period you were talking about) he was buying decent cigars at the least. Only because some snob called them "terrible" does not mean nor imply they actually were.
Oh, ok. Thanks. I'm definitely not. I'm from Twain's birthplace state and he's one of our heroes. His contemporaries in later years thought he smoked terrible cigars. They all smoked Cubans, etc. I think the article I read said that some storeowner gave him cigars in return for running errands for him. He may have started smoking as early as 8. Can you imagine how quickly children's protective services would be in on such a case nowadays? Undoubtedly would be a federal offense! Happy Smokin...

Last edited by mobarbq; 09-01-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Minor error
mobarbq is offline   Reply With Quote