Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
BroncoHorvath
Life is Great !

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
Punch
BroncoHorvath is on a distinguished road
Default I finally did it....

After seeing Mark's humidor he just got and I've also been thinking about getting myself an Aristocrat humidor for a little while now because I
decided not to build a walk-in humidor/cellar in the home I'm in now because we probably won't be here for more than another 3-4 years. I calculated it would cost $10-12K to do it the way I wanted, so it's
a little cheaper to get a big cabinet.

I called Bob Staebell this morning and spent an hour on the phone and decided that the MXTPlus-26.5-3674 is the one I want. Now, I'll have a long
6 weeks to wait.... It should be able to fit all my current stock from my 2 units very neatly, and maybe a little room to grow This monster's outside dimensions are 40 " where the top Crown will be, 74 " high and 26.5" deep.
It will have 5 full pullout shelves, 1 full pullout singles drawer(300-400 singles), the set and forget humidifier (which has 4 humidifiers units and 4 fans with a digital unit that controls everything).
I chose the dark red mahogany with the crotch dark mahogany raised panels for the front doors and side panels with the DX curved base moulding. I would of went wider for more storage, but I have no wall in my office that could fit it unless I find another spot for my credenza....

I'm a little existed, but now it will be less trouble getting at my stuff without playing tetris all the time and I'll be able to enjoy my passion a lot better... It will look awesome in my office with my current solid dark mahogany desk and credenza.