View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: People never cease to amaze me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
(SNIP)...
I guess there are a million "what if" one can ask. I guess my problem with understanding this is I am the kind of person that would have run over and would have tried to do something if one of my neighbor's homes was being compromised. I guess not everyone thinks the same and from my perspective, that is a sad state of affairs when human beings don't look out for one another.
And, quite probably, you would have become a casualty. Damning your neighbors based on almost no factual knowlege of what they did or didn't do, is I think, somewhat less than fair. Now, your interactions with your neighbors will be be stained by a possibly inaccurate belief about their character(s). Your purchase of an alarm system does not obligate them to do anything. After all, if they know about it and its connection to a monitoring company, what's to make them believe that the police aren't on their way?