Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I can't see how they can possibly void contracts which are already a year or more old....I think Morganti is off base.
Dont be so suprised. If they can show the purpose of the contract was to circumvent the CBA/ Cap then they just might. Lets not forget those two contracts last summer are what lead to this contract.

They may not be able to void it, but they may be able to put something in that says the K must be balanced and if the player does not complete the K then he must give back a percentage of the money he did not earn. I dont think this would happen though. What would be interesting if they did this would be if they could get the arbitrator to rule that the money returned must be determined by taking the amount of the K and dividing it by years of K. In all honesty if this was done and the Players Union took it to court they would have a tough time arguing the players would actually complete these contracts amd what the true purpose was. The courts in the past have shown they will side with the league and give them a lot of say in how business is done. Dont believe me? Look at how the Coyotes Bankruptcy was handled. The League was given control. If they will do it with the NFL they will do it with the NHL.

All and all I am glad this was done and hope something is done about last years contracts. Its Shiet for teams and players to do this. It violates the whole purpose of the cap and trying to introduce parody giving more teams a shot. I think most of us have had enough of certain teams buying players. Its nice to see teams struggle now that the cap has taken effect.