View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #29
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Mike,

You keep moving the target, changing your argument. This should help us get back on topic.

1.) You said "Don't be surprised if Howard is this year's Mason". I asked what makes Niemi different. Term of contract was never even brought up. I asked the question because you said signing Niemi "would be sweet". Why the big worry about Howard but not about Niemi? If you can't make a logical argument that one is worse then the other, then why make the first statement about Howard being Mason if the same applies to Niemi?

2.) I was being sarcastic about Malhotra. You cited him as a significant addition to Vancouver due to his faceoff abilities, yet you scoffed at the Wings bringing back Hudler. My argument was Hudler put up almost twice as many points as Malhotra, and that the Wings have always been good at faceoffs. I thought it was illogical for your to tout one and scoff at the other. I used your own praise for Malhotra against you in sarcastically asking who would be left to take faceoffs for SJ. So let me ask again, why is Malhotra a significant addition and Hudler is not?

3.) Depth has been the other debate. You can take Babcock's words to make them sound better or worse. I think that has been established. Prior to that I presented stats that showed that per Man*Games (Not lost to Injury) the Wings generated the most points of any NHL team (102). This stat is used to show how productive the rest of the team was. You ignored it and busted out the cliche about the Wings being old and fading. Yet Christos mentioned that they had the best record in the second half of the season. Strange because doesn't fatigue set in at the end rather than the beginning of the season?