View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Oliva G special G maduro

Now if you browse through my old reviews you can see that I love Oliva cigars quite a lot, almost every blend is a treat for my palate. This time I got myself a Oliva G special G maduro, a cigar I never smoked before. This weird looking 3.7x48 cigar is a Nicaraguan puro and stands out from the crowd because of the shape. The price tag of this cigar is € 3,50 in The Netherlands.

The wrapper is really dark and oily with one big vein. The shape is a mini figurado and it has a nice, recognizable band. The cigar has a hayshed smell. The construction and predraw are very good, I taste a dry tobacco flavor.

Espresso is what I taste with something sweet and wood. The sweet flavor gains some power. The espresso turns into regular coffee after an inch. I still taste the wood and the sweetness too.

The coffee loses some of its strength while the wood gets stronger. The sweetness slowly disappears.

This small cigar lasted me for 55 minutes. I got a lot of thick white smoke. The draw is great and the burn is phenomenal, slow and straight as an arrow. The ash is firm and has a pepper and salt color. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a great value smoke. Loved it.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10