View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Favorite tomatoe recipes?

Thanks for the ideas guys. Hadn't thought of gazpacho. Would give me a reason to use up some of my cucumbers too. I've picked at least 40+ off the two plants I have.

I do plan on making some tomato sauce with some of them. That's usually one of my staples towards the end of the season. And you're right Peter, freezes great.

Today I made a salsa with some little berries I found at the farmers market yesterday. They're like a little yellow, blueberry sized version of a tomatillo (has the papery cover). The flavor of em is a bit on the citrusy side. A bit of tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno. Should pair really nice with a carne asada taco.